Monotony
1. Any irksome sameness, or want of variety
2. Wearisome uniformity or lack of variety, as in occupation or scenery
Love these definitions! :)
I have been pondering "monotony" lately...the mundane in life. Interesting, eh? Not that life is bad in any way - just different. I realize the tiny, miniscule ways that I am a creature of habit...routine...monotony. It's amazing. Have you ever really thought about each movement you make each day?
I could tell you that I sleep every night in the middle of my queen size bed. That I shut my alarm off with my right hand and immediately put on the music. That I walk like an old man in the morning because I can't stand on my right foot, out of pain from my plantar fascitius. That I take my towel off the door hook with my right hand and put it on the toilet, while opening the shower curtain with my left hand. I always pick up the shampoo first in my left hand, then my face cleanser afterwards, with my right hand, then rinse. Then I pick up the conditioner with my right hand - apply - then use body wash with a body puff.
I must always take the same amount of time to do each thing, too. How weird is that? I think it's strange that I never mix up the order or try something new!? Could I do it? Would I like it? Think about it. It's hysterical to me that we have these mundane little routines that make us the creatures that we are. I can't tell you how very monotonous my days are! It's mind boggling to me that I don't bore myself to sleep while I'm just walking down the street. I guess, as I have revealed to you, I also have a boring side...I mean, look at this post! :) hahaha.
But seriously, I've been thinking a lot about habits and discipline (because I feel that I am severely lacking in this department) I blame my parents really - but then again, I am an adult and that seems childish to say! :) No, I'm not depressed, but I was not that long ago, and I think it's interesting what we think about when we feel anquish...apathy...ambivilence. (some of my favorite words, too!)
I know I have a meloncoly side to me. People wouldn't know it, but I can be quite antisocial and isolated when I want to be. The dark side can be scary - whether it's feeling lonely, or alone, or scared, or confused, or sad...I realize that it's Satan trying to get a foothold. And we must be strong in the Lord for guidance on how to get out of that state of struggle, selfishness, and want. So, I say this because life is not always roses. I have seen and heard and experienced great suffering and I don't want to ever be the same again. I don't want to forget or move on or ignore.
Just some thoughts for the road on the journey. Welcome to my world.
Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength"...to go on. He gives me the power to walk the long, straight, and level path, even when the monotonous way has no turns or curves offering pleasant surprises and when my spirit is depressed with the terrible drudgery. - Streams in the Desert (L.B Cowman)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home