Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

30 March 2008

Where has the time gone?

It has been over 1 year now since I left my job in Thailand because the program closed and I had to move back home to the States...Really??!! I can't even believe it. I still tell people that I "just got back." It's strange - I miss Thailand now more than I ever really missed the States when I was there...not that I'm unhappy being back, it's just different. I want to make a difference wherever I am - but I can't deny that I feel a tug overseas. I have been taking a 'Perspectives' course at a church in Boston since January. It's a 15 week global missions theology course that goes through the history of missions and God's call for ministry to the nations. I wrote a briefy "summary" of what I was feeling after week #5:

"It is crazy to me that time has flown and I don't know where it went. I realize that I am just now really experiencing "reverse" culture shock in the US and feeling overwhelmed with the "what now?" and "what if" questions I struggle with in regards to vocation and global missions. Wanting to be somewhere else and being unable - desiring to follow the Lord's leading and call to go unto the nations - and now feeling "stuck" in some way. I took this course because I needed to be close the "how's" and "why's" of missions for God's kingdom and to feel His spirit move in me in some way. I am learning that I need to fully rely on Him and not on my own strength. I also need to trust Him that He knows my heart and what's best for me. Also, I am empowered by His call to worship. His glory first and foremost - to honor Him and glorify Him with my praise and love and obediance."

Shockingly, after reading this, one of the graders of the course asked me if I would share about my experiences overseas with the group some night!? I was suprised - I thought I did poorly on the last few assignments! :) God does have a sense of humor! So I will speak, briefly (if you can imagine that!) soon in class. I'm nervous already - shouldn't I be used to this by now?! 555! (that's "hahaha!" in Thai...because the sound "ha" is the number 5 in Thai!) I am lame. Thanks for engaging in this journey with me! I'll keep you posted on what's what in the coming months. Whether it's missions now or never - short term or long term - in Thailand or somewhere else or in the States - I will be obediant.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Paula Puckett said...

So glad to hear you're taking the perspectives course. I've always wanted to take that. I'll be eager to follow your life adventures---wherever He leads you. Love, P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home