Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

01 October 2007

The Wedding Planner

So long story short: most of you know that I am a "wedding guru" of sorts. Not only have I been a bridesmaid 6 times (and hopefully a bride...), and but unbelieveably, I have attended approximately 45 weddings in my lifetime (31 years)...not to mention a ton that I was a Hostess for back in the early 90's, while working at a Country Club.

So, with this immense knowledge, my friend in RI rightfully asked me to be a part of her wedding by helping her with the "coordinating" of the whole ordeal (or blessed event!) - which led to me MC'ing and eventually DJ'ing...it was quite a show. So, I of course I said YES with fervor (and sympathy)! I wanted her to not worry about the day and I know I could handle it...it's just A LOT of work and you need to balance having FUN as a guest, too!

Anyways, the day started with decorating the outdoor chapel - which was easy, except for the wind taking the fake rose petals off the walkway...and the car show in the background blarring hip hop music...and the pastor being late. But all's well that end's well. I got the party lined up and on their way and hand walked the ring bearers down the aisle. It was a lovely ceremony and everything went off without a hitch. Many many pictures were taken with the antique car and the weather was perfect.

I ran to the reception in order to be sure the food was cooking and the guests were entertained. I quickly switched gears to MC for the afternoon (with just the right amount of Just Jenn attitude and humor!) - introducing the bridal party and each special event to take place and then moved onto the DJ for a night o' dancing! :) A little bit o' country and a little bit o' rock and roll (and of course, 80's - dance - hip hop - and slow jams!) hahaha.

Well, by the end of the night - the manager of the reception hall (and DJ of 15 years) gave me the 3rd best compliment i have ever gotten: That I should definately be in the entertainment industry! He said "every song you played - I would have played! "The coordinating, MCing and DJing - all of it - awesome! You should be in the business" - he even gave me his card if I needed a reference! HA! I politely exclaimed, "I'm a social worker!?", but he stated that I could make good money on the side, too! I guess so, and I've definately thought about it, but why would I really want to use up all my weekends to make other people's lives better than my own?! :)

It was pretty funny and I actually had a great day (and I wasn't even the Bride!). I crashed by 6pm...but I was so happy to have my friend's day go so well! :) (Love ya, girl!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home