Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

15 July 2007

Maeyangha Shelter

I was fortunate enough to get to know my friend Dawn, from England, and my partner in crime during Thai language class while i was in Thailand. She had worked at a school up in a small village in Maeyangha (North of Thailand).
It is a government run school with poor children from Hmong and Karen hilltribes.
I visited there a few months back and Dawn mentioned that they needed help with building an English Resource Center for their students to learn proper English and have a creative space for learning. *sometimes they even had class outside!
Dawn had already given so much of her time and money into the school, I felt blessed to be able to be a part of the work she started.




So, with some leftover funds that I raised to volunteer in Thailand (THANK YOU very much!), I was able to provide them enough money to build a center for the children! The staff made a nice lunch for us on our visit of the work being done and presented me with a certificate of Thanks!
*I was supposed to visit the shelter again before I left Thailand, but the children were on vacation after I recovered from my motorcyc accident. But here are some pictures of the building in process! :) Again, THANK YOU for the financial and prayerful support of the money donated to be used for the good of those in need.


It was really sweet of them to post this sign for our donation - I was embarrassed!


The work in progress.


They wanted us to sign our names in the cement to immortalize our presence...it was totally embarrassing for me! Of course, then we made it even more weird when she wrote her name and a heart and then i wrote my name next to it - so it looked like Dawn loves Jennifer!!?? *so i added the friends part to clarify and to give props to my supporters! :)


Even the kids got involved in the building!


And so did I! :)




This is who it is all for! THANK YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home