Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

06 April 2007

Nomad, Vagabond - call me what you will...!

Hello far-away friends! i am just writing briefly to let you know a few things (if you didn't know already): I lost my job and i'm on vacation! and, yes, the two go hand in hand. i decided to get away and runaway to Laos and Vietnam with some friends. i may even stop in cambodia, if it so suits me. wherever the wind blows, right?!

So - long story short - the org i worked for closed the trafficking program and we lost 6 staff. i don't know fully what to say about it yet - it's still too fresh. i finished up last week (inbetween a trip to the Philippines) and said 'goodbyes' to my coworkers. of course, i'm still around and can visit anytime, but i am SURE that the office is not the same without my loud and infectious laugh! :) i do miss them and the work at times, but i am now focused on finding another job in thailand so i can continue the life i was starting to build....not much luck so far. please pray for me as i try to figure out what is next - what God has in store for me. if i don't find a job or get a visa through some organization by next month, i have to return to the States for at least 6 months before i could return. so, i am also looking for jobs in MA (cuz i miss me mum and family and friends!) and CO (cuz i miss my brutha and friends!) as well. you know i would be devestated to leave Thailand behind, but i could also be happy anywhere - so this in itself, perplexes me.

i will update my blog with adventures and feelings soon enough, but for now i am traveling and forgetting my worries! thinking of you - wish you were here! :)

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Girl said...

Wow...I mean, I know you were disappointed to miss the clam bake and all...but you don't have to come back to MA just for me :)

HA HA!! Just kidding...I am thinking of you and praying for you, JT! I am sure it will all work out the way it is supposed to. In the meantime have a kicker of a time vacationing! I am jealous!!

miss u --girl

PS - did you get the Save the Date?? Just wondering how well the mail system works or doesn't work.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger natalie said...

Hey Jen

I'm glad for your upbeat attitude

Stay frosty!

I'll be prayin for you

Love Nat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home