Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

07 June 2007

Nothing news...

Hi friends! Well, I am back in the States! I just visited friends and my brother in Colorado - whooohoo! So nice there - beautiful snow capped mountains in the distance, cool clubs and comedy shows, lots of restaurants and shops...but very expensive! I really would consider living there (ie: settling down someday), but the pay is crap though!? :( I actually don't have access to the web at home (i had it better in Thailand!?) but, when I can hook up my laptop and download pics - I'll post them soon!

Now I am in CT with my mom for awhile. I'm sort of "back to normal" in a lot of ways. It's never really been hard for me to be in America or come back from a missions trip and assimilate to the "old way" of life. I do struggle with the materialism, and the politics, and then costs of things, etc etc. Sometimes I still wonder if it's a blessing or a curse that I can adjust to my surroundings (good or bad) somewhat painlessly....

With all that said - I do miss Thailand - my friends, community, children, church, work, house, and yes- even the food and my crappy car! :) I am not convinced that I am done there for life - but for now, I am here, and that is where I am supposed to be.

I am really just resting and visiting with family right now...then on to friends and churches, etc. I am hitting culture shock in my usual ways - a tad grouchy, somewhat emotional, and not very talkative on my own - unless engaged otherwise! :) I am sort of "in my head" right now - which I guess can be a good thing. I am just trying to figure out what I want to do with my life...social work, licensing, wedding planning (sadly, not my own), adopting, writing, traveling...I can't do much about the 'wanting to be married someday' thing - that is up to God at this point...but I guess I can continue to wait for that without being too sad (I do love my life!).

So, at this point, I think I will continue to veg out - find my passion - get my LICSW (licensure for social work) - and figure out where I am going to live/work/earn money - ya know, the basics! :) My life is good - I really can't complain. Of course, I also have the many many babies to see, the several weddings to attend, and fun places to visit with good friends on my "to do" list! :)

Well - I will try to keep going on this blog thing - but it's getting harder and harder to have access. I will do my best - I know you like to watch! :) More soon.


THANKS for all your prayers, support, emails, thoughts, love, and friendship - you are the best! :) Keep in touch and keep me posted on YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home