Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

28 November 2007

Mama Mia!

So here's a funny story for you to enjoy...

It was a day like any other day in my life. ("just jenn"). I could not get outta bed. I was just too darn tired and annoyed by my alarm clock. I turned off the alarm and decided to turn on the radio - which, by the way, I never do in the morning. Of course, I started to fall asleep again when I should have been getting up to shower. I had heard Mix 98.5 was giving away prizes on the radio to see Mama Mia that night in the downtown Boston theatre district. In my inner monologue, I thought: I should have tried to call in and win - but who really wins, anyways?! Well, I heard a familiar voice but couldn't be sure...I thought it sounded like my bestest friend Danielle - I can tell her voice anywhere, but that would be weird to hear her on the radio, right?!

Well, John Lander (the DJ) said he was talking to "Danielle", and then I knew for sure it was her!! It was hysterical to hear her on the radio - laughing and talking away with the DJ's. :) I sat up straight in my bed, like, "oh my gosh - I know her!" So funny. Then they say "you won two free tickets to see Mama Mia tonight - who are you taking with you?" and Danielle says, "MY BEST FRIEND JENN!!" :p I could not believe it! I jumped out of bed and ran around yelling, "that's me!!" (mind you, I live alone!) I was SOOO excited - I had been wanting to see that play FOREVER. She thanked the station profusely and politely greeted them Happy Holidays! (too cute).

Now I'm going crazy at home (by myself), and anxiously awaited Danielle's call!! Then I thought to myself, what if she decides to take someone else with her???! I mean, SHE didn't know that I heard her on the radio!! She made me wait for 2 whole minutes before calling me! I answered and said "holy crap - you were just on the radio!!" She was laughing hysterically and we got such a kick outta the whole thing. She was on her way to work when she called in and won! I headed to work and proceeded to call everyone in my family and blurted it out to anyone who would listen at work!! :)

The play was AWESOME! So great - lively, entertaining, musical, and fun - what more could you want in a play?! What a nice suprise and who better to spend it with! (love you, Danny T!) THANK YOU for including me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home