Bon Jovi 4 Eva!

Yes, I love Bon Jovi. After all these years. And I am not ashamed to say it. Jon Bon and his bandmates have been a constant in my life and I love him. Fellow lover of all things Jon Bon, my girl Danny T, shared with me in a glorious weekend of NJ/NYC love. Well, I can't say we "loved" NJ, persay, but we did rock out at the new Prudential Center where Bon Jovi was giving love a 'good' name! (I kill me).
Anyways, even though Newark is the 2nd highest MURDER capital of the world (which we found out midway on our road trip - welcomed into NJ through a giant billboard stating: "HELP WANTED - Stop the killings in Newark..."), Danny T and I braved the odds and traveled for a weekend o' fun in the "garden state..."
Anyways, even though Newark is the 2nd highest MURDER capital of the world (which we found out midway on our road trip - welcomed into NJ through a giant billboard stating: "HELP WANTED - Stop the killings in Newark..."), Danny T and I braved the odds and traveled for a weekend o' fun in the "garden state..."
So I want to know, how can one man look so amazing after 20+ years of rocking out?! 
We had behind the stage balcony seats for the cheapest price possible, but we didn't care - we just wanted to Be There! To our delight, we were upgraded to behind the stage orchestra seats - 20 rows from the stage!! It. Was. AWESOME! Even though we were viewing the show from behind (which really wasn't bad...if you know what I mean!), it was amazing.
So fun - so energizing - so 80's rad! We could see Jon Bon's pearly whites when he smiled and sang - and schimmided and danced his way around the stage. I think he even smiled at me when I yelled out "I love you Jon Bon!" :) 
hahaha. I'm a tool. Though we did not make it onstage (as I dreamt about the night before) we did have a kick butt time! Meeting groupies at a local pub, cabpooling it to the concert, getting upgraded, losing our voices from singing so much, and fighting for a cab to get the heck outta dodge - it was ALL GOOD! :)

We had behind the stage balcony seats for the cheapest price possible, but we didn't care - we just wanted to Be There! To our delight, we were upgraded to behind the stage orchestra seats - 20 rows from the stage!! It. Was. AWESOME! Even though we were viewing the show from behind (which really wasn't bad...if you know what I mean!), it was amazing.
So fun - so energizing - so 80's rad! We could see Jon Bon's pearly whites when he smiled and sang - and schimmided and danced his way around the stage. I think he even smiled at me when I yelled out "I love you Jon Bon!" :) 
hahaha. I'm a tool. Though we did not make it onstage (as I dreamt about the night before) we did have a kick butt time! Meeting groupies at a local pub, cabpooling it to the concert, getting upgraded, losing our voices from singing so much, and fighting for a cab to get the heck outta dodge - it was ALL GOOD! :)

So that wasn't even the end of our trip - oh yes, it was only the beginning! We jumped in the car Sunday morning and headed for NYC, baby! We had an amazing road trip weekend - complete with NJ hair and NYC music and lights! We stayed at an elegant hotel in Times Square, got a caricature done (will not be posting that!?), hung with the boys and played games at the ESPN Zone, entertained by the singing waiters/waitresses at Ellen's Stardust Diner, shopped at the street vendors (like i was back in Thailand!),running to catch the Staten Island Ferry, seeing the sights, and dining at Celebrity establishments - it was a whirlwind o' fun! :)

famous sculptures

street performers

Statue of Liberty from afar (missed the boat!) :(

Said boat dock...

Hard Rock Cafe (went to Planet Hollywood, too!)

Watching the skaters at Rockefeller Center

Ellen's Stardust Diner (where they REALLY work for their money!)

What a hysterical few moments being gawked at by onlookers and trying to convince the artist to make us look good!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home