Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

21 January 2006

So I guess I spoke too soon...

I have such wonderfully supportive friends! :) I didn't mean to sound stressed when I wrote about struggling - I wasn't - they were just thoughts! I guess I know some people will be confused by how I am living because ya know everyone has their own idea of what missions work looks like or what struggling is to them! It's funny what peoples' limits are; whether it's living in a hut, having to get up early, using squatty-potties, not having 4 seasons, sweating, or not eating much american food! It's really between you and God! But thanx for the encouragement, friends - I do appreciate that! :)

However, I am physically struggling right now, so I guess I spoke too soon! I have had a stomache bug for weeks and it got bad Thursday night...and still dealing with it.... Food, virus, transitioning..?! So I decided to go to the hospital to find out if it was a little parasite or not...it wasn't a bad experience either - didn't take too long and staff was helpful. Pretty nice building too. Well, thank God, it's just a bacterial infection - meds and rest is all I need (and only a $15 fee!) Needless to say, I feel crummy but still positive! (Hey I wanted to loose some weight, too! hahaha - just kidding). *That reminds me of something my co-worker "T" said to me the other day (not the 'tall fat american' bit this time!). She asked me if I wanted a snack at the store and I said "no, that's how I gained weight, and I need to lose some", and she said "but you're so happy"?! :) I thought that was so cute - I guess personality goes a long way! :P

Alot of great work has been happening in this office - the staff works so hard. I hope to get into some of these cases along the way - they are not always cut and dry - it takes time to get things done.

Please pray for:
*My co-worker "T" who is planning to move to the states to study english and go through a sexual trauma training program, in order to come back to Thailand and help lead the SWT.
*My co-worker "D" who is saving to move to the states to study english and live with her relatives.
*My health and rest.
*I'm hoping to start intensive language learning next week!
*Evaluations going on at the office for our SW program.
*The training I'm helping to coordinate...

*Here's a happy little photo for all of you out there! Sally and I saw this daring feat on our way to the hospital! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home