Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

02 January 2006

Leavin on a jet plane...

Well, I'm gone! The goodbye preview started at home with my beloved sister at Christmas (very hard to do), and slowly moved onto supportive friends (getting harder now) and family (is this over yet?!) throughout the week, and ended with my sweet brother and loving mom at the dreaded airport (could this be any worse?!).... All in all, a good week of feeling the love! :) I am so blessed by so many friends and family that love me and support me! Oh how I appreciate the prayers and calls and emails - THANK YOU! :) God is good and obviously in control!

I was in NYC for the past 3 days, visiting my wonderful friend Kristy - who graciously housed me and entertained me throughout the city! (you rock!) :) Oh so much fun we had - celebrating Kristy's birthday (whoohoo!), dinners out, meeting her great friends, and experiencing NYC on New years eve at Central Park!


So, it is Jan 3rd...well, actually now Jan 4th, as I write from the Tokyo airport! I don't think many of you know this, but I received an amazing donation (one of many blessings!) of a roundtrip ticket to Thailand - business class! I feel incredibly spoiled and blessed by this gift...I was especially worried about traveling with my bad back (I have a herniated disc problem) and I feel pretty good after 20+ hour traveling, with a reclining window seat!! From VIP lounge service at the airport, to fabulous food and drinks, to personal movie access and slippers - it has been a humbling experience thus far...considering where I am going to be and what I'll be doing for the next 6 months, God's sense of humor is NOT lost on me! :) *see picture!


I will be heading out to Bangkok soon - I'm getting a little nervous at this point...language and money issues, overnight stay alone, and another flight to go on Jan 5th...but the journey begins - a leap of faith! I will write again soon - lots of love to you and unlimited thanks!

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Girl said...

Wow! Holy gift, Batman!! I wondered if K-punk had gone to Times Square.

I am glad you were able to post from Tokyo...don'cha just LOVE technology?!

More safe travels, kid!!

--girl

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hey You - been praying and thinking of you in your travels - hoep you are safe and adjusting - love, Ter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home