Trafficjammy

Entering the world of "Just Jenn"! :) Enjoy the read...this is the journey to Thailand!

20 October 2005

"I recall...Central Park in fall..."

Yes friends, I realize I am a Bostonian at heart, but I do love New York! :) It helps that my lovely friend Kristy lives here now (who I am currently visiting!) I am here for a great social work conference (*shout out to Tonia! Thanx again!!) and get to spend time with my partner in crime, K-Punk (the crime of 'prank calling' - yes, girls, to who else but Dan Card!!) :0 Good times...neat!

So Kristy has helped me manuveur the streets and subways of NYC, effortlessly thus far. And as we partake in the good food (Hurley's Pub) and spirits (Around the Block Cafe) of city life, we laugh and joke and enjoy the brisk October air. She also let me be so "Sex in the City", indulging me by stopping by Magnolia Bakery for their famous cupcakes and warm beverages! Good friend...good times! :)

**And you must also know that I visited the Julie Saul Gallery to see the Kids With Cameras exhibit! (kids-with-cameras.org) If you are not familiar with this org - you should be! It is the org that was created with the kids from the Academy Award winning Doctumentary "Born Into Brothels". It is an amazing and touching story about a photographer that sets out to understand the lives of women in brothels, and ends up befriending their children and helping them to get out of the vicious cycle of bondage through learning photography and finding opportunities for them to expand on their creativity and go to school. A MUST SEE MOVIE! :)

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Wow - you've become quite prolific here! I've created a monster! And here I was expecting to stop in here and find no progress...and all set to scold you... *sniff* My little Jenny's all growed up... - ter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home