Big blonde in little Thailand!
"Sawatdee Ka"! (Hello!) *I thought this title was pretty appropriate! :) Although, I don't feel quite so out of place this time around in Thailand...not sure why - I mean I do sort of stick out like a sore thumb here! Although, there are a lot of foreign ("farong") travelers out and about this time of year, too. So there are tons of shops and vendors to get great food and local merchandise right down the street - we are definately fortunate at this office. And how lucky am I - there is a massage school across the street...SWEET! :) God knows me well!
So day one down and I am getting used to my surroundings. It is beautiful here in Chiang Mai - I need to get around and take some pictures of the scenery! (*just fyi - i can't send pics of the staff or clients because of confidentiality - so you'll just have to imagine it for yourselves!). I have my own office and I'm trying to set it up a bit, but I didn't bring much to work with...I must say, as difficult as it was, I managed not to pack too much! :) Now I wish I had some more stuff! (I can't win!). I'm trying to live more simply though and that is good. The staff have been great and so patient with me - I went to a Japanese restaurant and grocery shopping tonight with one of the staff, "P" - very sweet and helpful. *We both like to have fun at work - so we'll get along famously!! :)
Interesting enough, I am already being prepped to stay longer in Thailand...don't panic, I will be coming back in July still, but there's the possibility to move back in November to lead the social work team (victim/aftercare) if that's what the Lord wills for me...?! It's sort of like a 6 month long interview to see if it's a good fit for me and the staff! It's what I had hoped for in the future - a paid position! :) So it's just a thought right now, I obviously have to see if living and working here works for me! God is so good and full of suprises! So pray for me!! I also really need to be learning the language at a quicker pace - back to school, ugghh. Well, I am off to bed - I am 12 hours ahead of you in the States!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home