Chiang Mai - I have arrived!
Jan 5th - hello friends, I decided to continue writing since it is posting on the same day anyways...and I'm starting to miss everyone! Last night I also had my first phone call! A friend of a friend of a cousin of my dad (if you can follow that!?) lives in Bangkok and called to say HI and make plans to meet up! We met for breakfast at the hotel this morning! It was great to meet her and have a contact in the area...and I got to practice my Thai with her a bit! :)
I had my 3rd flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai this afternoon - 50 minutes and painless! It is hot in Thailand! It's only gonna get hotter too....I was greeted at the airport by one of the women in my social work team, "J". It was nice getting to know her a little better on the ride to the office - once there, I jumped right in to meet everyone! (luckily, I wasn't jet lagged!) :P They are so great and so friendly - and graciously impressed with the minimal Thai I know! :)
I will be staying in the office guest house with the law intern, who is on vacation this week, so I don't have the pleasure of hanging out with her...or having her show me the ropes yet...?! :( But I am off to have a family dinner with a friend I met at orientation - who is the administrative assistant in the office! So I am diving in and making the best - oh yeah, I need to buy a bed, too before she gets back! *Know you are all missed very much right now - thank you for your prayers and warm wishes - keep writing and praying for me! I love you and will write soon! :)

1 Comments:
Honestly!! You find people to hang out with EVERYWHERE!!!! EVERYWHERE!!! Unbelievable!
--girl
Post a Comment
<< Home