First weekend down!
So I feel pretty fortunate already in this office; it's a great location, nice building, awesome staff, and I live 10 steps away! (I share a room in the house on the right)

I am in my office right(on left) now reading through some files and organizing myself (while I go between listening to some Thai music recommended by a co-worker...and of course, I found a radio station online with an all 80's review!) whoohoo! I am finding ways to incorporate a little bit of home, with the local Thai culture, wherever I go! :)
This weekend my roommate, Sally, came back from vacation - it was great to see her again! We met at orientation in DC in the fall - she's from Texas and is the current law intern that has been here since October. We will be roomies until April.

We talked for awhile, took a much needed nap, and she introduced me to the "farong cafe" for lunch - a foreigners food joint! (I guess I didn't need to eat all those burgers before I left for Thailand!?) *No worries to you hardcore "dive into the culture" types - I am still enjoying the local flavor - but it will be a nice deviation once in a while to have a taste of home! :) We hung out with our other co-worker and her friend "N" - very "sanuk" (fun) as I practiced Thai with her and she practiced English with me (she is currently learning - my co-workers teach at her church - I think they want me to help...?! :o
I needed some stuff for the apartment - so we went to the Airport Plaza (a huge plaza...near the airport) to pick some things up...it's weird to be shopping at a street vendor and the next minute at a big mall...? Nothing is really what it seems...I mean, things are constantly changing around us...I am alittle disillusioned at how westernized Thailand is, and at the same time, it can be comforting. Such is life. The same goes for my emotions (I know, already...this is a little soon for me!?), but I have been missing family and friends today - and at the same time, I can email anytime, update my blog, IM or phone if I really needed to...I'm just venting. Anyways, back to work - have a great day...and a quote for some of you out there: "stay classy, san dee-a-go"! :)

3 Comments:
sniff** sniff**
You stay classy too...
LOVE YOU !!!
HUGS!!!!
--girl
And thanks for stopping bye! I'm not even mad - that's amazing! Here's another one for you: "MOM! Where's the meatloaf!?"
Miss you!
Ok...I SO thought you were going to be staying in a little hut and riding bicycles into town every day. Hmmmm...
Post a Comment
<< Home