Vacation in Colorado
I decided it was time to get my "vacation-on" recently! It was about a year since I last had time off...and saw the beauty of Colorado. I have lots to visit and many people to see in the Rockies: my loveable brother, my bestest bud (Terri), my good friend (Janee and family), my dear friends from Thailand - (Alyssa, Tiffany and Lincoln), and one of my favorite Thai/Rawang families (The Dangshing's) now in the area! It was a crazy busy 5 days in Denver (and I was sick the entire time with a chest cold) but crazy fun! :)
I ventured out horseback riding (after 10 years!) with Terri (on our horses - that made me hungry - "Bleu," as in the cheese and "Reeses," as in the peanut butter cup!) We had a nice private tour with our guides for an hour around the wide open fields in the sunshiney afternoon (awwh - fuzzy!)
Then I attempted archery - not as bad as I thought...but ouch - a sore shoulder! :(
We had a lovely pizza dinner and celebrated her recent Seminary Graduation (Yay!!)
My brother and I visited about everyday - hanging at Red Rocks at the Amphitheatre to sneak around the rocks to see the cover band "Australian Bee Gees!"
Gettin' on.
Where they filmed, "The Shining" and "Dumb and Dumber."
Sibling Love.
From the Top looking down!
The Newlyweds! :)
A hungry little friend...who got dangerously close to me.
Havin' a little fun at the sovenier shop - hat section!
From the bottom - looking up!
Taffy, Starbucks, Memory, and Big Slide and Beer and Wine tasting, oh my!
The Big Slide (Lincoln won!)
Church and Sunday dinner for Father's Day with Alyssa and her family (and my brother) - with a marathon game of Phase 10!
2 Days with my dear family from Thailand (the 2 kids were in my Sunday school and English classes in Thailand at our church!) It was so fun to spend time with them - playing Chinese Checkers, Uno, catch, and teaching them Slap Jack and War! (and it wouldn't have been complete without bringing them Silly String!!) We even watched movies (their favorite - The Gods must be crazy I & II, and one of my favorites - Rad! They had my brother over for dinner one night - cooking a traditional American dinner - Ham and mashed potatoes - Yum! It was such a special time to play, talk, pray, and spend time with one another.
It is great having my brother be a part of the life I had in Thailand!
And to top it all off...watching the Boston Celtics win the Playoffs!!! :) It was a great vacation (even if I was sick and got no rest at all...) Miss it already.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home