Host with the most!
I was very blessed to have my friend and old roommate Tammie come visit me in Thailand! :) The last time i saw her, she was leaving to travel with work too! It was awesome to see her and catch up. It was great to have someone here who knows me and can share my experiences with on a deeper level.
So i introduced her to all the sites and sounds of Thailand.
Tammie even got to cross the border up north for a day trip with me! While she walked around, I got to meet a girl we worked with and her family. They have been through a lot, but it was rewarding to see them all together as a family again. There are some medical issues they are dealing with and we are trying to help - please pray for that.
So I continued to show Tammie around - we got a street shoulder massage - not easy on a squirmy individual! :) ate lots of local foods, went on a day trek to go on an elephant safari and show (elephants CAN paint!)/bamboo rafting/ox cart ride/trip to the local 'elephant dung' paper making store (for real!) and orchid + butterfly farm tour!! Seriously - very educational! We also took in a cultural dinner show - with dancing (you're a good sport, Tammie, for joining in!!) and great food. As you can see from the photos - we had a blast - a very fun filled time!!












It was also a time for us to talk, have fun doing something new, and just have a good laugh! :)

1 Comments:
I ran into Tammie on the Red Line this weekend! It was so good to see her. Sounds/looks like you guys had a great time...maybe I need to take a little trip to Thailand?
Post a Comment
<< Home