Who says White Girls can't fly?!
I know, I know, I shouldn't make light of the fact that I had a motorcyc accident this week, which resulted in me flying off it - but tragedy like that is always funnier in hindsight! and it's better to laugh than to cry, right?! ...sadly, it hurts to laugh right now though! :( i am just thankful to God for being alive to write about it! *below is a repeat summary of my email update, but for those who aren't on it, here is the news:
Thanks be to God that I am relatively ok (alive and not too injured!). It is true that accidents usually happen within a mile from home (my second big accident to date, in my life - both near home). I was definately being watched over - it could have been so much worse....
I was on my way to work and a truck decided to stop in the middle of the road, after choosing which side to go to (taking up the whole lane and of course, using no blinker) so I had to slam on my brakes to avoid him. Well I did, however the bike took on a life of it's own as I remember skidding to the left and being propelled off the bike and sliding onto the pavement several feet ahead. A combo of bad brakes, bad timing and bad luck. Luckily, I missed the many cement blocks that were in front of the construction site I landed in front of (and no, none of the workers came out to help me - unbelievable!). The guy that caused the accident did stay to help me and my landlord came and got me and brought me to the hospital, and 4 co-workers also showed up for moral support!! :)
I have a small fracture on my left collarbone - which has left me in a shoulder contraption of sorts and sling that I can't escape from myself! it is killing me and hard to sleep in. My left knee is bruised and swollen and my right wrist is slightly sprained. I am pretty much sore all over now - skidding across the pavement is not pleasant! My helmet protected me from lots of scrapes and scars, too. And no major damage to my already chronic back pain. I am on pain killers and at home sleeping, reading, watching tv...I've been wanting more rest lately, but this wasn't what I had in mind!? Anyways, my neighbors and friends and coworkers have been amazing to me! :) *my whole office came to my house today to have our daily prayer time with me and bring me my favorite 'farang' snacks! :) they are awesome!!
*Please pray for a quick recovery and safety on my bike...or possibly getting a car now!?! We shall see. Be safe, my friends and thank you for all your emails and prayers! love, Jenn

2 Comments:
Where are the pictures?! ;) - glad you lived w/relatively little harm! - love, t
i thought maybe it was too morbid to put pictures on the blog! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home