My latest NEWS!
Hello friends! (**this brief note below is one you probably already received from me, but for those of you that didn't, here is my lastest news!)
I was waiting to write to you all until I had confirmation of my news...I have been offered and accepted the 'Director of Aftercare' job here in Thailand!!! :) Yes, it is a paid and full time position too! :) I am excited for this opportunity - I had prayed for a chance to work with this organization for 5 years now! God is good and answers prayer. I will basically continue the work I have been doing with the social workers - admin, networking with other orgs, training, program development, etc - but now i am their Supervisor and will consult more on their cases with victims and hopefully be more involved in direct work when able (ie: finding aftercare placements, coordinating services, consulting with outside clients). It was an easy/difficult decision for me – knowing that this where I am supposed to be right now and that I have something to offer and learn...but emotionally it was more difficult. I am sad to not be around the family and friends I love so much. But I have been blessed with a great work and ministry opportunities, as well as a wonderful church community here, and some American/Canadian and Thai/Rawang friends! :)
But the second good news is that I will be going home for the month of July!! :) I would love to visit with those in the Boston, RI, CT, WMass area (and speak at some churches to discuss the work I have been doing/seeing done the past 5 months). I will be in touch, but know I will be very busy too, visiting and organizing my life to move overseas...but I would love to talk and/or visit with you when I can.
*So, keep praying as I look for a place to live...i continue learning Thai...i organize my trip home...i deal with longterm goodbyes back in the States...and and i ease into my job as a Supervisor and representative of the organization! I have been blessed here and hope to be a blessing to those I work with and work for - thank you soooooo much for all of your prayers, support, love and care – it has been much appreciated!! :)
*I also plan to give some of the remaining donations I received to come to Thailand, to some shelters in the community that are doing good work with thai and tribal children, who are in need of basic supplies and/or at-risk for exploitation. So, THANK YOU again – you’re money will go a long way here! I look forward to hearing from you and seeing some of you very soon! :) Blessings to all you, friends - love, 'just jenn'
**i had to show you this picture my coworker drew of me for another coworkers birthday card - how funny is this?! it couldn't be a closer likeness - mouth wide open laughing, making me have swinty eyes...she even put me in my favorite silver swirly earrings i bought in thailand...and of course, the "you rock" statement (my favorite)!! :) i love it i love it i love it! hahaha. enjoy.

and here is the original photo! she's good, yeah?! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home